Introduction of the Research
I research the interaction between science and technology and society, especially ethical issues, through literature review and fieldwork.
ELSI (Ethical, Legal, and Social issues) in advanced medical technology and its research, research misconduct issues, science & media literacy, etc.
Details of the Research
I have explored the ELSI (Ethical, Legal, and Social Issues) surrounding cutting-edge medical technologies and their research, including stem cells, cloning, assisted reproductive technologies, prenatal diagnosis, and genome editing. The results of my research have been published in several books (e.g., Genome Editing and the Birth of Cell Politics, Seidosha, 2018). I have often contributed articles and book reviews on science, technology, medicine, art, and film to a variety of media. In recent years, I've been examining the ethical issues surrounding medical research involving certain vulnerable populations.
List of Papers
- Noda, Asao, et al. "Ethical, legal and social implications of human genome studies in radiation research: a workshop report for studies on atomic bomb survivors at the Radiation Effects Research Foundation." Journal of Radiation Research, vol. 62, no. 4, 2021, pp. 656-661. (last author)
- ãCOVID-19 æä»£ã®ãªã¹ã¯ã»åè«ââäºå®ãå ±éæ§ãããã¦ä¿¡é ¼ãããã£ã¦ãããç¾ä»£ææ³ãã48å·»16å·ã2020å¹´11æå·ã 46-59é ã
- ãCOVID-19æä»£ã®ãªã¹ã¯ : ãã®ä¸å¹³çãªåé ã«ã¤ãã¦ãããç¾ä»£ææ³ãã48å·»7å·ã2020å¹´5æå·ã97-102é ã
- ãçæ®ç´°èç³»ã²ãã ç·¨éã¨ã¡ãã£ã«ã«ãã¼ãªãºã ãããäººéç§å¦ç ç©¶ããéå·»15å·ã2018å¹´ã134-113é ã
ç«¯å»çãçå½å«çãã¡ãã£ã«ã«ãã¼ãªãºã ãããç¾ä»£ææ³ãã 45å·»18å·ã2017å¹´9æå·ã132-142é ã
Books and Other Publications
- ãç ç©¶ä¸æ£ã¨æªãã ç§å¦ STAPç´°èäºä»¶ãè¶ ãã¦ããå ±èãæ¦æ¨è±ä»ç·¨ãæ¥æ¬è©è«ç¤¾ã2019å¹´ã
- ãã²ãã ç·¨éã¨ç´°èæ¿æ²»ã®èªçããåèãéåç¤¾ã2018å¹´ã
- ãæãããç : ãã§ã«ããã¤ãªå¾ã®çç©å¦çå¸æ°ããç£ä¿®ãã¢ããªã¢ãã»ãããªã¼ãèãæ£®æ¬éº»è¡£åã»è¥æ¾æè²´è¨³ãäººææ¸é¢ã2016å¹´ã
- ããã¤ãªåããç¤¾ä¼ : ãæ ¸æä»£ãã®çå½ã¨èº«ä½ããåèãéåç¤¾ã2012å¹´ã
- ãéè¥²ãããã¯ããã¸ã¼ : ãªãç§å¦æè¡ã¯äººéãè£åãã®ãããå
Key Words of the Research
Sociology, ELSI (Ethics, Legal Systems and Social Issues), Risk, Inequality, Stigma, History, Media.