AdmissionsRequirements for English Language Proficiency

As proof that the applicant has English proficiency of CEFR B2 or higher, at least one of the following certificates or official test scores must be submitted at the time of online application.
Please note that the test must have been taken within two (2) years of the last day of the online application period. If there is a first and second (final) stage examination, the date of the second (final).

For the First window, the score submission deadline is extended to apply with a "expected to obtain". Please check the student application guidelines.

Accepted English Proficiency Tests (Autumn Admission)

Accepted English Proficiency Tests
Test Name Type of Test Score or Grade
TOEFLツョ TOEFL iBTツョ 72 or above
TOEFL ITPツョ Plus for China 543 or above
IELTS邃「 IELTS邃「 (Academic Module) Overall 5.5 or above
IELTS邃「 Indicator
Cambridge English C2 Proficiency, C1 Advanced 160 or above
B2 First, B2 First for Schools
B1 Preliminary,B1 Preliminary for Schools
A2 Key, A2 Key for Schools
TOEICツョ TOEICツョ L&R+S&W 1560 or above
EIKEN (Practical English Proficiency Test) EIKEN Grade Pre-1 or above
EIKEN S-Interview
GTEC GTEC CBT 1190 or above
TEAP (4 Skills) TEAP 309 or above
TEAP CBT 600 or above


  • TOEFL iBT ツョ Special Home Edition scores are accepted (except MyBest邃「 score).
  • TOEFL ITP ツョ scores are not permitted (except TOEFL ITP ツョ Plus for China).
  • TOEIC ツョ IP scores are not accepted.
  • TOEICツョ L&R and S&W scores are calculated by multiplying the TOEICツョ S&W score by 2.5 and adding the L&R score.
  • EIKEN is for those who have passed Grade Pre-1 or above. The EIKEN CSE scores are not accepted.

Verification of the Applicant窶冱 Proficiency in English Issued by High School, etc.

For the following applicants only, a 窶廚ertificate of English Proficiency窶 prepared by a high school or other institution in Japan or abroad may be submitted in lieu of an English Language Proficiency Test score report.


  1. Eligibility
    The applicants who are unable to take the specified English Language Proficiency Test due to financial or health reasons.
  2. Documents to be submitted

The applicants Graduating from Secondary Schools (Equivalent to High Schools in Japan) Fully Taught in English

Regardless of their nationality or first language, the applicants who have completed secondary school education in English (all classes) may submit either an official certificate issued by their secondary school or official academic transcripts. These documents can be submitted instead of English proficiency test scores, but they should clearly indicate that all classes were taught in English. 
For details on this submission option, please contact the Admissions Office via e-mail.