LASSALLE Michael W.ï¼ã©ãµã¼ã«ããã¤ã±ã«ï¼
A Natural Scientist with over 25 years of experience in research at academics and companies.
Our world is undergoing rapid change, with big issues facing us now and in the future. The global temperature is increasing, while biodiversity is decreasing, unknown diseases are emerging, and wars are being fought again. How can you become a problem-solver? Having a background in science and technology will provide you with the creative knowledge to overcome the economic, social, and environmental challenges of the future. Join me on this journey and see how rewarding, fun, and engaging natural science can be.
I`m a chemist who specialist in biophysics, especially protein folding and dynamics; however, during my career, I did research in a variety of scientific subjects such as genetics, molecular, and cell biology while at Eikei University I aim to spread my wings and expand my research further towards Biodiversity and Ecology.
- Urban greening and biodiversity
- Renewable energies the solution or the future Pandoraâs box
- Data analysis in R, towards a better understanding of risk management for renewable energies
- Are GMOâs the solution or another Pandoraâs box
- Supporting and analyzing the Japanese way of internationalization
ç ç©¶ã®ç¹å¾´ã»å å®¹
As I have done a variety of different research during my career, I refer to the following sites that provide a short overview of my past research:
- Lassalle, M.W. (2021). Are transgenerational epigenetics affecting genetically modified organisms? Researchers.One, https://researchers.one/articles/21.09.00004v1
Lassalle, M.W., Jarocki, V. (2016). Public Misunderstanding of Genetically Modified Organisms: How Science and Society are Interconnected. Int. J. Life. Sci. Scienti. Res., 2(5). 636-643. https://iijls.com/currentissue/IJLSSR-1190.pdf
- Lassalle, M.W. (2013). Expression and assembly of active human cardiac troponin in Escherichia coli. Protein Expression and Purification. 87 (2). 61-66. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pep.2012.10.005
- Lassalle, M.W. (2010). Defective Dynamic Properties of Human Cardiac Troponin Mutations. Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 74 (1). 82-91. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb.90586
- Lassalle, M.W. et al. (2003). Effects of Melanogenesis-Inducing Nitric Oxide and Histamine on the Production of Eumelanin and Pheomelanin in Cultured Human Melanocytes. Pigment Cell Research 16 (1). 81-84. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0749.2003.00004.x
The Japanese way of Internationalization, A progress report.
Protein Folding Protocols, Vol. 350, 21-38 ISBN: 978-1-58829-622-1, 2006
- Data Analysis using Python (IBM digital credential/ intermediate)
- Data analysis using R (IBM digital credential/ intermediate)
- Landscape Ecology edX Course 2022
- J-CAT Japanese high proficiency
Adjunct Associate Professor (part time)ãUniversity of Maryland Global Campus
biophysical chemistry, protein science, microbiology, genetics, molecular biology, cell biology, nutrition science, biotechnology, biodiversity, ecology